Monday, November 16, 2009

Less Paper to Paperless Activities in the ESL Classroom

Presenters: Gretchen Bitterlin and Ann Marie Damrau November 17, 18, 2009

I. To copy or not to copy? Ask these questions:

a. What is the goal of the activity – listening, speaking, reading, or writing? If listening and speaking is the goal, why copy the page?

b. Is it legal to copy the page or pages?

c. Can I project the page on the whiteboard instead of copying it? (or post around the room)

d. Can the students copy the exercise in their notebooks without taking up too much time?
e. Can the teacher dictate the key parts of the page? (higher level classes)

f. How many ways can I use a paper that I copy? How many days can I use a paper?

g. If I do make some copies, can I copy on the backs of used papers?

2 comments:

Ann Marie Damrau said...

I see several instructors who are starting to collect old colored flyers and use the back sides for a number of things. It is fun to see how creative people can be!

Ann Marie Damrau said...

What are you doing to save paper in your ESL classroom?

Post a Comment